Supporting empowerment of older people to live a fuller role in the Community
Please note that the call for Expression of Interest forms for our Older People's Funding Programme is now closed. All respondents will be contacted in due course.
Thank you for your interest in our new funding programme, please read the funding criteria carefully before deciding whether to submit an Expression of Interest, which will need to be received at the Foundation office in London by post or e mail by 5pm on 20 September 2012.
To support innovative and proactive work that encourages empowerment and independence of older people living in difficult financial circumstances so that they have improved life choices and chances
The funding is open to registered charities that:
• are currently working with older people experiencing financial difficulties living in England and Wales;
• can demonstrate that they actively consult with service users and can deliver services which meet their needs;
• are particularly interested in innovative work and proactive interventions that encourage and support individual empowerment and independence.
Applications will be particularly welcomed from charities that can demonstrate a track record and proven knowledge of working in this field and can demonstrate delivery with this group of people.
Applications must be for work that improves the life choices and chances for older people and charities must:
• offer a sustained programme of support;
• demonstrate measurable changes and benefits for individuals;
• start spending the grant within 3 months of a successful application, unless approval is sought at the outset for a delayed start;
• track the progress of beneficiaries so that the longer term impact of intervention can be assessed.
• Grants can be for up to three years.
• Minimum grant size £50,000
• Only the costs of the funding request, excluding capital, will be considered.
For this programme, we wish to fund applications that meet at least one of the following criteria:
• are innovative and push existing boundaries
• will extend or replicate a proven model of working to deliver the goals as outlined;
• will improve joined up working with other local agencies to deliver more relevant and appropriate services to the users including personalisation;
• support service user involvement and encourages local connections whether in design or support as peers /volunteers/mentors.
Please note this is not a core cost funding programme, if you are interested in this type of funding, please see our Community programme guidelines and on- line eligibility test.
Any application will need to demonstrate a close fit with the programme criteria and offer good value for money. There is no restriction on the size of charities that can apply.
Please note that we are expecting a high response to this new funding programme, so please be aware that after submitting an Expression of Interest you may be advised not to proceed with an application. Successful charities at the Expression of Interest stage will then be invited to complete a full application, which will need to be received at the Foundation’s office in London by 1 pm on Friday 2 November.